Ticket prices usually go down as an event approaches, by choosing ‘Reducing Pricing', you won't have to manually change your price yourself. We'll begin gradually reducing your sale price from the ‘Start declining on' date you set during the listing process. To help keep your ticket price competitive and give them more of a chance to sell, we lower the price incrementally every day until your tickets sell or your minimum price is reached on the sale end date. You can keep track of the current sale price by logging into My Account to track the sales price, click the link “View history” within your account.
Articles in this section
- I’m posting tickets for a CollectFrom Sale, is the address still valid?
- Can Ticketmaster dispatch tickets that I purchased from them directly to my Seatwave buyer?
- Will Ticketmaster see all my order details?
- Can I cancel my order if I am not happy with this change?
- Should I call Ticketmaster if I have an existing Seatwave order?
- How will I get support on my existing order after the Seatwave move to Ticketmaster?
- Will I still be paid when I ship tickets to my buyer after the Seatwave! move?
- How do I manage my existing orders after the move to Ticketmaster
- How do I dispatch tickets to my buyer after the Seatwave move?
- When and why is Seatwave moving?