Ticket prices are set by each Seller and prices can vary depending on supply and demand for the event – meaning prices can be higher or lower than the face value. You will see the face value of each ticket during the checkout process. When you receive your Ticketmaster Verified tickets you’ll notice the face value won’t be shown on the tickets or may show as zero. If at any time you would like to confirm the face value of your tickets please contact us via phone or submit a request via our FAQ section.
Articles in this section
- Will I still receive my tickets now Seatwave is closed?
- How do I manage my existing orders after the move to Ticketmaster?
- How will I get support on my existing order now Seatwave is closed?
- Should I call Ticketmaster if I have an existing Seatwave order?
- I’ve paid over face value, can I get a refund for the difference?
- Can I cancel my order if I have not purchased from Ticketmaster?
- I need to return some tickets to you, is the postal address Ticketmaster’s?
- Will Ticketmaster see all my existing order details?
- Will Ticketmaster now send me the tickets I purchased on Seatwave directly?
- Can you arrange a box office collection when you have moved to Ticketmaster?