Sometimes ticket agencies sell tickets for an event without giving the seating location at the time of booking. If these are being resold with us they'll be listed as General Reserved Seating/Reserved Seating – so you're purchasing a seated ticket but this could be in anywhere in the seated parts of the venue. As we don't own the tickets we don't hold any more information on the seating location so you'll have to wait until you receive the ticket to find out the row and seat number.
Articles in this section
- How can I contact your customer services?
- Can I purchase Accessible tickets?
- I can no longer use the Ticketmaster verified tickets I purchased, can I resell them?
- My name is on the Ticketmaster tickets can my friend/partner/child use the tickets instead of me?
- Will my Ticketmaster verified ticket be valid for entry?
- Will UPS allow for collections on Saturday?
- What is a UPS airway bill?
- I purchased Ticketmaster verified tickets, but I haven't received them yet?
- Will my seats be together?
- Why do some events only have a hotel delivery option?