Section 90 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (CRA) requires the seller of a ticket to provide various information about the ticket(s) they are re-selling, if applicable to a ticket. The Seatwave website enables a seller to provide this information when listing a ticket. The full detail of the information to be provided by the seller is set out here: Section 90(2) of the CRA states that the seller must ensure that the person who buys the ticket (“the buyer”) is given the information set out below, where this is applicable to the ticket. Section 90(3) of the CRA states that that information is— where the ticket is for a particular seat or standing area at the venue for the event, the information necessary to enable the buyer to identify that seat or standing area, information about any restriction which limits use of the ticket to persons of a particular description, and the face value of the ticket. In Section 90(3) the reference in paragraph (a) above is to information necessary to enable the buyer to identify a seat or standing area at a venue including, so far as applicable: the name of the area in the venue in which the seat or standing area is located (for example the name of the stand in which it is located); information necessary to enable the buyer to identify the part of the area in the venue in which the seat or standing area is located (for example the block of seats in which the seat is located); the number, letter or other distinguishing mark of the row in which the seat is located; and the number, letter or other distinguishing mark of the seat. In section 90(3), the reference in paragraph (c) above to the face value of the ticket is to the amount stated on the ticket as its price.
Articles in this section
- How can I contact your customer services?
- Can I purchase Accessible tickets?
- I can no longer use the Ticketmaster verified tickets I purchased, can I resell them?
- My name is on the Ticketmaster tickets can my friend/partner/child use the tickets instead of me?
- Will my Ticketmaster verified ticket be valid for entry?
- Will UPS allow for collections on Saturday?
- What is a UPS airway bill?
- I purchased Ticketmaster verified tickets, but I haven't received them yet?
- Will my seats be together?
- Why do some events only have a hotel delivery option?